Childcare leave eligibility/entitlement in Singapore
- Your child is a Singapore Citizen.
- Your child is below 7 years old.
- You have worked for your employer or you are self-employed for at least 3 continuous months.
If you fulfilled all the 3 criteria, you are eligible for 6 days of Government-Paid Childcare Leave under the Child Development Co-Savings Act.
- You and your spouse each get 6 days per year of childcare leave until the year your child turns 7 years old, regardless of the number of children you have.
- Childcare leave is capped at 42 days for each parent.
- You need to consume your yearly childcare leave entitlement by the end of that year. You cannot carry forward childcare leave meant for one year to the next.
Your leave is paid as follows:
- The first 3 days will be paid by your employer.
- The remaining 3 days will be paid by the Government.
- Payments are capped at $500 per day, including CPF contributions.
For more information, visit Ministry of Manpower website @ http://www.mom.gov.sg/